As a Tampa dog owner, if you have been noticing some mobility changes or lack activity in your pet it’s time to let an orthopedic dog doctor bring your pet back to their maximum health potential. Tampa Bay K9 Rehabilitation Center has been working towards providing your pet with a healthier and more active lifestyle through reducing or eliminating pain, resorting mobility caused by injury or surgery, and strengthening the muscles.
The Need for Rehabilitation
Just like humans, dogs have their fair share of health problems that require proper rehabilitation in order to get them back on their feet and playing like the puppy you brought into your Tampa home years ago:
Obesity. Making sure your pup maintains a healthy weight is a great way to prevent them from having other health problems later on in life. An orthopedic dog doctor can design a weight loss program specifically tailored to your pet and also assist with the physical conditioning.
Surgeries. Those pups that undergo major surgeries, such as spinal surgery, have limited mobility and starting rehabilitation soon after it imperative to recovering quickly and effectively. If your pet needs an operation, make sure they begin the recovery process soon for the best results.
Arthritis. Inflammation can happen in any joint of the body, and can have many causes. Arthritis affects twenty percent of dogs older than one year putting them through daily pain.
Age-Related Problems. An orthopedic dog doctor knows the older your pet gets the less active they’ll become. But the changes you are noticing in your dog may be due to pain rather than aging:
- Hip Dysplasia. This abnormal formation of the hip socket, if not taken care of properly, can end with more health issues such as lameness or be another cause of arthritis.
- Luxating Patella. Unfortunately a dog’s knees can sometimes dislocate due to trauma or defect and causing them severe pain.
- Muscle Spasms. Muscle spasms will go unnoticed most of the time, and because of this, are not treated properly, becoming a hidden reason of slowed down activity in older canines.
How Can an Orthopedic Dog Doctor Help Your Pup?
After an evaluation of symptoms, an orthopedic dog doctor at Tampa Bay K9 Rehabilitation Center will choose the best treatment option that will have your pooch feeling brand new. We have an option for every condition that doesn’t involve harsh prescriptions, only natural movements:
- Dry Land Exercises. Our facility has stairs, ramps, and rails that we use to restore mobility after surgery or an injury.
- Hydrotherapy. Water provides an effective, yet fun way to relieve joint pressure while allowing the muscle to rebuild tone. Our underwater treadmill can work to support joints, improve flexibility, and reinforce muscles.
- Therapeutic Treatments. An orthopedic dog doctor can use many treatment options if pain prevents your canine from being their best self. This includes hot moist heat, low level laser, therapeutic massage, and chiropractic.
Tampa Bay K9 Rehabilitation Center
If the furriest member of the family just is not as active as they used to be, recently went through surgery, or was injured, know what your options are to get them the help they need. TBK9 offers the best equipment, veterinary expertise, and dedicated team members to design an plan to restore your buddy’s mobility. No matter what the cause of pain is, our orthopedic dog doctor can fix it.