As your pet ages, there many health conditions you need to keep a watchful eye out for. Many of the aches and pains dogs experience as they grow old can easily be overlooked. At Tampa Bay K9 Rehab, we offer veterinary rehabilitation services and treatments for senior pets of all health conditions—among the most common being orthopedic conditions, which include:
- Hip Dysplasia: This is a congenital disease that can lead to lameness, as well as joint arthritis. It happens due to both environmental factors and genetics, and is most common in larger breeds.
- Lameness: This condition is diagnosed by an MRI and often caused from soft tissue injuries and fractures.
- Luxating Patella: This problem happens within the knee cap—usually when it gets dislocated or is frequently misaligned. It is most commonly seen in smaller breeds of dogs and its stages vary from minor to severe. Our treatment for senior canines can help alleviate your pet of the pain that accompanies this condition, even if it requires surgery or weight loss programs. We can also help with knee repair with regenerate stromal stem cells and platelet rich plasma (PRP) procedures.
- Muscle spasms: These may seem minor but can actually be very painful and debilitating for senior pets, so it is important you seek professional treatment at the first signs of pain or discomfort.
- Arthritis: The most common condition of older dogs, this degenerative disease can quickly deteriorate your pet’s wellbeing and worsen with time. We offer a wide range of treatments for senior pets with arthritis, including:
- Underwater treadmills
- Chiropractic therapy
- Therapeutic massage therapies
When to Seek Treatments for Senior Pets
There are important signs to look for when trying to determine whether or not you should seek our St. Petersburg’s veterinary treatments for senior pets, including:
- Limping/favoring limbs
- Decreased energy and activity
- Weight gain
- Hesitant to run, jump, or climb stairs
- Increase in fatigue or irritability
At Tampa Bay K9 Rehab, we also offer orthotics and cart fillings, as well as post-operative recovery therapy. In business since 2004, we were the first full-service canine rehab center in the St. Petersburg area. We offer individualized treatment plans for dogs of all ages and health conditions.
If your dog is getting older and seems to be in any degree of pain, there is no reason they should suffer another second. We will apply our expert knowledge and professional skills to properly treat your beloved pet with the love, care and attention they deserve. To schedule an appointment, or for more information on our treatments for senior pets, fill out our contact form or give us a call today at 727-521-3518!