Known as the “sunshine city”, St. Petersburg, Florida is part of the popular Tampa Bay region. Here, residents and tourists come together to enjoy waterfront walks, parks, and activities like boating, golfing, and surfing. St. Petersburg is also a city of pet lovers, boasting a variety of pet parks and perfect waterfront walking paths. With a neighborhood so full of pups, it’s no surprise that so many residents ask the question, “Where do I find a dog rehabilitation center near me?”
The concept of dog rehabilitation isn’t new, but many pet owners still don’t fully understand what it entails. At Tampa Bay K9 Rehabilitation Center we focus on dogs that have been injured, suffered an illness or are currently recovering from surgery. Working one on one with your pet we help improve flexibility, range of motion and overall recovery. If you’re wondering, “where can I find a dog rehabilitation center near me?”, look no further. Our St. Petersburg location is accepting new patients and we can’t wait to meet your furry companion!
What to Expect at a Dog Rehabilitation Center Near Me
Dog rehabilitation encompasses many treatments, each customized to suit different sizes and breed of canine. We know that like humans, no two pups are alike. Therefore, we carefully produce bespoke programs to incorporate the types of treatments and therapy your dog needs to live life to the fullest.
Before booking an appointment with our team, pet guardians are directed to fill out a new patient form. This includes information about you and your pet that allows us to keep in contact and review past pet medical history. Once established, we book an initial appointment to get to know your dog and create the appropriate rehabilitation plan.
Common Treatments Offered at Dog Rehabilitation Centers Near Me
As dogs age, they develop several common ailments, including:
- Weight gain
- Knee injuries
Many of these issues limit the range of motion, flexibility, and activity level. This causes additional problems such as muscle stiffness, pain, and obesity. Through our carefully designed therapeutic recovery programs, we help your dog overcome discomfort and pain. Some of our most common treatments are:
- Chiropractic Therapy – Just as humans benefit from spinal manipulation, chiropractic therapy can reduce pain and increase mobility for your pet. These gentle manipulations are painless and promote speedy healing from injury.
- Hydrotherapy – Water promotes buoyancy, reducing the weight your dog puts on injured joints and limbs. Hydrotherapy is used in the human world as a low impact form of exercise and rehabilitation. We do the same for dogs, creating a safe and comfortable environment for them to increase activity levels, lose weight, relax tense muscles, and stretch stiff joints.
- Stem Cell therapy – A groundbreaking therapy using your dog’s own regenerative cells to treat cartilage damage, arthritis and more. Our very own Mark C. Brown, DVM, CCRP, is the very first vet in St. Petersburg to use stem cell therapy on patients, and we are seeing amazing results. This is a great point to consider when asking, “which dog rehabilitation center near me is best for my pet?”
- Orthopedics Therapy – While the body heals it requires some support so that we can continue moving and living our lives normally. The same goes for dogs, which is why we offer orthopedic therapy. Introducing support braces to limit pressure applied to injuries and joints is an important part of the healing process.
These treatments improve a dog’s mobility, comfort level, and overall activity. We pinpoint the areas causing problems and treat them at the root. For example, a limp could be the result of previous knee surgery. Through hydrotherapy and orthopedics, we know your pet’s knee can be strengthened and heal more thoroughly. We take into consideration every aspect of your pet and his or her condition before choosing the treatment plan.
Choosing the Right Canine Rehabilitation Center Near Me
When it comes time to think, “how will I choose the right canine rehabilitation center near me?” Consider the following questions:
- How many years of experience does the center have?
- What training and certification does the rehabilitation specialist possess?
- What types of treatments are offered?
- Does the center take special care with aging pets?
- Are weight loss and nutritional services available?
- Does the center take big dogs as well as small dogs?
- What type of experience does the center have with my dog’s breed?
After 15-years working with the amazing people and pets of St. Petersburg, we have gotten to know many of our clients extremely well. Being part of the community, we see you as more than a patient, you’re also our friends and neighbors. We take a great deal of care developing these relationships and ensuring that everyone who enters our rehabilitation center feels safe and comfortable.
For more information on the services offered here at the Tampa Bay K9 Rehabilitation Center, call us at 1-727-521-3518.